Monday, April 20, 2009

Unique food!!!

The strangest food for me is ant with covered chocolate!!!! I ate it here in Carbondale, (same time as Anna, in last term’s EAP2 core class.) First, when I saw it, I thought that it was weird.L But when I ate it, and the taste was totally white chocolate.J Some of my classmate ate worms, and they said, “It is delicious” and “Give me more.” I could believe it because ant was also delicious. But I didn’t eat the worm’s one because the looks was so weird. Why we ate these insects in core class? The reason is that we were learning environmental problems this time. And we learned that insects have a lot of proteins, so we ate insects. However, I may not buy these eatable insects because there are many food that have proteins and visual is so nice in grocery store. I’m glad to come here because I can try much kind of international foods. I love to challenge everything. So I tried a lot of food that I cannot try in Japan. Most of them I liked, but I cannot eat goat curry that is from Jamaica. When I went to Miami, my host family made it. They made a lot of Jamaican foods, and most of them I liked, but I cannot goat curry because its smell makes me sick. However, I’m glad to eat goat because I cannot eat it in Japan. I will leave here soon, so before I leave here, I want to try many unique foods. Also, before I come back to Japan, I will go to Mexico, so I want to try unique Mexican food.

1 comment:

Anna said...

This is very interesting! If you want to read this:http://epsilon2009.blogspot.com/.

It is one of the EAP1 student's blog. He is from Mexico.