Thursday, October 16, 2008

My First Term Break!!


This time was my first term break for me, so I went Chicago with my friends. It was first trip for Chicago and I was very excited. I had a lot of experiences there. I ate many delicious dishes, for example stuffed Pizza and cheesecake. But my best experience is second day.
I went to Chicago outlet with Yasu. It is far from downtown (it takes about 1hour and half), I know that but we went to there after lunch. We left downtown at 3, and arrived Aurora station that is the nearest station from Chicago outlet at 5. And we could left there at 5:30, and We could get Chicago outlet at 6. We were enjoy shopping until 9, and then we decided to come back to downtown. Therefore we try to call taxi, and we got it, and he said that "I will go there until 10 to 15minutes", so we waited for him. But he didn't come for 30minites!! We were so nerves because if we hadn't gotten that taxi, we would have came back our hostel. We wanted to take train at 10:20, but we couldn't take that train because our taxi didn't come on time. Finally our taxi came there at 10:25, and we could come back Aurora station at 10:40. The last time of train from Aurora to Chicago downtown is 11:20. We waited train about 30minites, and we got it. We arrived at downtown at 12:20. Too late!! Moreover we had to come back our hostel. It is far from downtown (it takes 1hour by train). We took a train and arrived Loyola station that is the nearest station from our hostel. But we didn't know how to get our hostel, so I asked campus policeman. Then he took us to our hostel, so we could come back our hostel at 2am.
I learned that before I go to trip, I have to make plan.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow!!! That sounds like it was a very intesne break! I'm glad that you anf Yasu are safe!